Rays of Sunshine*

"Laugh as much as you breathe, love as long as you love."

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Clean Water, Toilet Flushing, and Crazy Driving~




Our trip to Honduras was amazing! We provided so many things for the people of Honduras in a mere 10 days! Among 160 of us on this particular Torch trip, we built 14 houses, served 500+ people in medical clinics, painted a church and its pews, did a few VBS', food and clothes distribution, and so much more!

After several days of work, we spent a day and a half relaxing in a nice hotel in the city of Tegucigalpa. Although the rest was nice, it seemed SO wrong being in such a luxurious place when there were thousands of people near by with no electricity or clean water.

Above all emotions that Honduras gave me, I think that thankfulness was the most prominent. Every time I get in the shower or brush my teeth, I can remember the unclean water. Every time I put on shoes with sturdy soles, I can remember the children without shoes at all. Every time I crawl into my warm, comfy bed, I can remember those without any place to sleep.

So, even if Missions don't seem to be your thing, you should definitely consider it if you have the opportunity! It gives you the chance to open your eyes, serve others, and most of all, serve God!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. A couple from our church just got back from Malawi! 160 people--Wow!

    ReplyDelete