
So, lately for some reason I've really been missing home/the country. By home, I mean Knox County and I even consider Mitchell to be home. It's amazing how you don't realize how much you appreciate(and need) your family and comfortable environment until you're taken out of it. So the intention of this is definitely not to depress you, I promise!! But, here are some of the things I miss about 'home'.
1. Singing random songs with my mom and sisters in the kitchen.
2. Hearing locusts on summer nights.
3. Driving to Speedy Pete's for a fountain drink.
4. Knowing nearly everyone that passes by you.
5. Going to rural king with dad (yes, i enjoyed this...lol)
6. Working at Charlie's Candy.
7. Riding 4-wheelers on the Burris farm in Mitchell.
8. Mowing the lawn (i know i'll probably not feel this way when we have our own home)
9. Hearing all of the local gossip.. hehe
10. Going on walks with my mom in Monroe.
11. Moore & Miller's with Caitlin & Liz.
12. My precious VW Jetta :(
13. My mom's homeade water and Sunday night breakfasts.
Although I frequently miss the things and people from home, there are also things I enjoy about living in Indianapolis. Lester and I are both excited about what our life will be like when he's done with pharmacy school. I guess what we'll see what God has planned for our future!
I'm glad you have another home here in Indy, Maddie! I'm volunteering at the Indy Film Festival this week at the IMA. You and Lester should come see a movie!
ReplyDeleteAlso, here is my favorite song all about being Home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb9jY8yAxgs
love the pics of your families. I miss home too. I feel like we're at that exact point in life where you're ready to have your own family and your own life, but you're finding yourself trying to learn how to grow up from what you've always known, and that's your "previous" life. Both wonderful, just the natural progression of things. :) you and I used to have SO many talks about these things, and I miss those. I'm happy to read them here at the very least! <3
ReplyDelete