So, summer is quickly coming to a close and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love the comfy fall weather and the fact that you can wear sweatshirts and sweatpants, but I REALLY love summer for several reasons as well. Here are a few of the reasons that I love summertime.
1. Lester is out of school. That means when he comes home from work, he's home, without homework.
2. It stays light outside for longer, making the day seem longer....I like it.
3. The noise the cicadas make
4. Church camp
5. I love being poolside
6. A bit of a tan is nice too
7. Dresses in warm weather are fun
8. The sun makes things seem happy all the time.. :)
9. Bike rides and walks on the Monon
10. Going outside without shoes on
11. Sweet corn and fresh peaches!
12. Family vacations we used to go on
13. Icecream tastes SOO much better in the summer!
14. Outside concerts
15. If it's not too hot, riding in your car with the windows down all while your music is playing very loudly : )
There are soo many other reasons, but I can't think of them right now. I've decided while making this list that I think summer makes me feel more free, if that makes sense. It must stem from having 'summer break' from school. I hope that this 'summer break' feeling continues for me. Its nice... hehe
summer is wonderful because the warm sun on your skin can automatically make you feel happy. flip flops are fantastic. I like strawberry shortcake myself. :) I love the excuse to wear giant sunglasses. bronzer gets to come back out! and it's acceptable to wear bright nail polish! something about the weather makes you want to put your toes in the sand. you eat better because you eat 'light'.
ReplyDeletebut winter/fall means crinkly leaves under your tennies/boots and cuddling up with an awesome book in the chair at starbucks with your hot white chocolate mocha. mmmmm. and can we say holidays?? I think God gives us both because we would tire of one and we appreciate the coming of the other. =)