Rays of Sunshine*

"Laugh as much as you breathe, love as long as you love."

Monday, August 30, 2010

Running? REALLY?!



So, as you may know, I have really enjoyed going on walks for the last several years and have considered that my primary source of exercise. Well, (drumroll, please)......I have been running! I know it's hard to believe! I don't really even believe it! I'm not saying I'm a star-runner, by ANY means, but I am doing more running than I ever have in my life. My goal is to be able to run a mile or two without any second thoughts in any conditions or situations.

How did I start running you ask? I just decided a couple of weeks ago that I was fully capable and I needed something to boost my confidence. I am very much struggling (still) with believing that I can do it, but I try my best to be positive and so far it's working pretty well. This may seem to be a small feat, but this is something that I'm very proud of thus far! So, I had to share!!

P.S. The picture shown is of Lester's family and myself at the mini-marathon. Rebecca and I walked while the rest ran. This may have been a slight part of my motivation. Not sure...

1 comment:

  1. DUDE!!!! That's so crazy... I've just recently started running too! My motivation is my post-baby body. She lights up my life and I wouldn't change a thing, but having her certainly changed my body! I like how running doesn't cost anything, you can do it anytime anywhere even on vacation. so I'm trying really hard. I'm starting out just a few days a week cause I don't want to hate it right from the get go. hahaaa. it is really hard. I've had no other thing to get me in shape. but I know I'm perfectly capable so I'm going to do everything to stick with it. I even have a few dresses in my closet just waiting (still with the tags!!) to encourage me. We'll have to keep up with each other!! I'm super proud of you though. :D

    ReplyDelete