Rays of Sunshine*

"Laugh as much as you breathe, love as long as you love."

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Its that time of the year!!!



I love this time of year!!! I don't think I will ever be a true 'adult' around the holidays. I still get VERY excited on Christmas morning and can't wait to open all of the presents. Especially now that Lester and I live away from home we get especially excited to see all of our family and friends. This year for Thanksgiving my Aunt, Cousins, and their family are coming home from England! I can't wait to see their little ones and hear the older one's adorable English accent~ It should be good times~

At a lady's breakfast this morning were were asked to list some of our family's holiday traditions. Mine are vague, but still traditions. On Christmas eve we would always go to the grocery (usually Walmart) and get donuts for part of our Christmas morning breakfast. Afterward, we usually found Rudolph on tv to watch. Christmas morning we weren't allowed to wake the parents up until 6:30, I think it was. So, you better believe that as soon as the clock struck 6:30 we knocked on mom and dad's door. As the camcorder rolled, we opened gifts and stockings. When we were done, we put our gifts into neat display piles for when Grandma and Grandpa came to our house to see what we got. Mom would have biscuits and gravy or breakfast casserole ready to eat when our grandparents got there. Around noon we headed down to grandma and grandpa's for my dad's side of the family Christmas and stayed there until nearly bedtime.

Anyway, I love remembering all of the stuff we do around the holidays. It definitely gives me things to look forward to!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you!!! I love christmas. lily is going to go nuts for it. someday I want lots more lights and multiple trees. our tradition was listening to the same christmas cd when we put up the tree. and we got to open one present on christmas eve. and every year my mom gets us our own special ornament. and then of course we had a special sugar cereal mom didn't usually buy or cinnamon rolls and then we just chilled all day!!! it was glorious. I can't wait for lily to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete