Rays of Sunshine*

"Laugh as much as you breathe, love as long as you love."

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sniff!!!

So, this is sort of random, but my mom brought up a thought that I've had so many times. She taught Sunday school at church today and they happened to talk about what smells you associate with certain memories. Isn't it weird how that works? I am a very "smell-sensitive" person, so I have this experience frequently. One of them is when I pass an oil rig. As strange as it sounds, I had a necklace that was made of pink plastic hearts. This necklace smelled like oil. Gross? Yes, but that's what it reminds me of! Most scents remind me of people or people's houses. Sometimes I have a hard time knowing what exactly it reminds me of. So, that's really all I have to say today. It was random, but I was just thinking about how amazing it is that the brain connects everything so perfectly! Just a thought..........

No comments:

Post a Comment